Admittedly this is a day early but let’s be honest, tomorrow I’m going to be in a food coma. Who’s with me?! In light of Thanksgiving, I wanted to share with you all a list of 10 everyday moments and things I’m thankful for right now.
- Experimenting in the kitchen and a husband who’s willing to wash dishes and clean up the mess!
- Neighbors whose fake Christmas tree is too tall to fit in their house so they took the top layer off and gave it to us. Now we have a baby tree!
- Late night Wendy’s runs to get Frostys for a study break.
- Finding a new comedy show we love (that he hasn’t already seen before!) and getting sucked into the plot together. (The Good Place, if you’re wondering)
- $5 movies on Saturday mornings with friends.
- Happy dances in the kitchen when he gets a good grade or dinner’s on point, or just because.
- Flowers on the table and apple cider in the fridge.
- Living 4 minutes away from the grocery store for impromptu pizza dinners and 4 minutes away from Goodwill for impromptu treasure hunting.
- Those few minutes every night before we turn out the light where we lay side by side and pray over our people and lives.
- Those few minutes most mornings when the radio comes on with JoyFM and we pull the covers up and cuddle and ask the day for just 5 more minutes.
There’s so much to be thankful for in the day-to-day and in the course of this past year. I’m forever grateful for a holiday that asks us to slow down and consider what we’ve been given. Enjoy some fall photos from Alvin’s very first time apple picking a few weeks ago!